Sven Dahlquist Architecture LLC is an Architectural Firm that is well versed and experienced in the design and construction of educational, residential (new and additions / alterations) and commercial facilities.
The name of Dahlquist was introduced to the Chicago Architecture Profession as Clarence Dahlquist in 1933, when Clarence opened his own office on the north side of the city. Most of his original work was residential; where he prided himself on the personalized involvement in this work and set the standard for generations to come. After the war, the office was moved to the northern suburb of Glenview. With the move, the office expanded to meet the needs of the ever-growing northern Chicago suburbs while still maintaining its personalized approach to design.
In 1965, Ron Dahlquist became sole-proprietor of the well established Dahlquist and Associates. Under his leadership, the firm expanded into the highly extensive field of Life Safety Work; this shift in the firmís work coincided with the beginning of the Illinois Life Safety program for schools in 1965. By 1984 RCD & Associates was servicing five individual Districts and completed surveys for 27 suburban schools.
The current corporate structure of the firm was instituted in early 1999 as Sven Dahlquist Architecture, Inc. In 2000, the firm moved its office to its present location, an 8,000 sf warehouse in the Kinzie Street Industrial Corridor.
Sven Dahlquist Architecture continues the tradition, begun in 1933, of providing the highest quality service available in the profession of architecture. We are looking forward to what the future holds, building better and more advanced environments in which our children may learn, families can flourish and businesses can thrive while maintaining the personal and social interaction needed to solve specific problems.